by Judith Bergman
February 1, 2020 at 5:00 am
- „Hejazipour said that she had decided „not to have a share in this horrendous lie and not to play the game of ‚We love the hijab and have no problem with it anymore’… It creates many limitations for women and deprives them of their basic rights. Is this protection? I say definitely not, it is solely and merely a limitation.“
- „The Iranian authorities are employing the full machinery of the state to crush opposition to forced hijab, but with more than half the population against it, the tide is increasingly against them.“ — Hadi Ghaemi, Executive Director, Center for Human Rights in Iran, August 19, 2019
- Swedish Elle readers are obviously free to choose whomever they see fit to be „look of the year“. It is, however, perplexing that female readers in a self-proclaimed feminist nation who wears the hijab, when a study commissioned by Swedish authorities has shown that wearing a hijab for many women and children in Sweden is far from being a voluntary choice.
- „Those of us who have fled gender apartheid dictatorships, where women risk their lives to protest the veil, know and have experienced what chastity laws mean… our feminist government chooses to prioritize collective religious rights over the human rights of children and women… As long as trendsetting journalists see gender apartheid as ‚culture‘ …. oppression based on honor will continue“. — Maria Rashidi and Sara Mohammad, human rights activists, Dagens Samhälle, December 14, 2019.
- On February 1, World Hijab Day will be marked in countries all over the world, including in Sweden. Will anyone use that occasion to stand up for the many women and children who do not want to wear one?“ (…)
„On February 1, World Hijab Day will be marked in countries all over the world, including in Sweden. Will anyone use that occasion to stand up for the many women and children who do not want to wear one?“